Self-managed Superannuation Funds
As the Government encourages Australians to take responsibility for and reach their financial retirement goals, they are repeatedly required to deal with superannuation funds. Self-managed superannuation is a means of saving for retirement. It enables you to control your investment strategy, reduce tax while obtaining tax benefits and control administration costs.
Superannuation law is a delicate area and personalised planning is required for each individual. The tax laws and documentary requirements required to set up and administer a self managed superannuation fund are extensive and subject to change on a regular basis.
MGS Accountants can assist you to effectively reach your financial retirement goals with the following:
- Obtaining a trust deed
- Appointment of trustees
- Signing a trustee declaration (NAT 71089)
- Election to become a regulated fund
- Obtaining a tax file number (TFN) and Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Preparation and lodgement of Annual Return with the ATO
- Preparation of pension documentation
- Appointment of fund auditor
- Advice on compliance matters
- Advice on taxation benefits
- Advice on employer obligations
At MGS Accountants we provide the professional service necessary to set up administer your own fund and greatly simplify the process for you.